Directions for Student Potential
The Directions for Student Potential (DSP) program is for motivated students who do not currently meet the admission requirements of UMass Boston but who demonstrate the potential to succeed at the college level.
It is a free, six-week, preadmission summer program that prepares Massachusetts students for academic success at UMass Boston by helping them improve their verbal and math skills. To learn more about our DSP summer program, click here.
Admission is available by invitation only.
To secure your spot in DSP you must:
- Submit the DSP Enrollment Form.
- Then, register for and attend DSP Assessment.
- Lastly, sign up for DSP Orientation,
- Information about assessment testing and the DSP Orientation is here.
- You will need to register online for a convenient date. If you have questions about the assessment test or the DSP Orientation, please call 617.287.6550.
If you have already submitted your enrollment confirmation, please be sure to register and attend the DSP Assessment Testing and participate in the DSP Orientation. If you do not complete both of these steps, you will lose your spot in the program.
Space in DSP is limited and you must complete all three steps to guarantee your spot in DSP.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 617.287.6100