Dual Enrollment Partnership Opportunities
UMass Boston is excited to partner with high schools to offer their students the opportunity to enroll in dual enrollment courses. Dual enrollment affords students the opportunity to challenge themselves academically, experience the rigor and format of university coursework, and earn credit that can be applied to their college degree.
Course Formats and Cost
- Course will be taught by UMass Boston faculty on campus or remotely and synchronously
- $793 per student, with a minimum of 12 students and no more than 18
- Course is taught by UMass Boston faculty onsite at the high school
- $642 per student, with a minimum of 12 students and no more than 18
- University vets a qualified high school instructor and uses our curriculum to teach the course onsite at the high school
- $184 per student, with a minimum of 12 students
The University suggests offering introductory courses which are generally transferrable for credit and provide broad based exposure to a discipline, as well as a solid foundation for future studies. It is recommended that schools identify a first, second, and third choice when selecting a dual enrollment course as availability is dependent upon several factors including faculty schedules.
All dual enrollment courses will need to be offered in accordance with UMass Boston's academic calendar. It is our preference that requests for dual enrollment courses are made a minimum of 8 weeks before the start of the term.
Fall Term: Request Deadline - July 1
Spring Term: Request Deadline - December 31
Summer Term: Request Deadline - April 1
Take the Next Step
Please take a moment to complete our interest form and we will reach out to you to schedule a conversation.
Individual high school students interested in enrolling in UMass Boston undergraduate courses may do so as a non-degree student. Information on how and when to apply as a non-degree student and register for courses can be found on the non-degree student page.