Community Roots, Global Pride
As a UMass Boston student, you’ll be part of a campus with deep roots in the Boston community. For over 50 years, the University has served a diverse student body, from first-generation college students from the Boston area to students from all 50 states and 113 countries. UMass Boston has so much to offer:
- Ranked #27 in the country for advancing social mobility (U.S. News & World Report).
- The most diverse university campus in New England.
- Representative groups like the Black Student Center, Casa Latinx, the Muslim Students Association, the Asian Student Center, the Queer Student Center, and more.
- A welcoming, inclusive environment for LGBTQIA+ people, international and immigrant students, first-generation, and non-traditionally aged learners.
- Support for all faiths through our Interfaith Campus Ministry.
- Campus traditions that build friendships and a sense of community. Chancellor’s Barbecue, Lawn on UMB, the Spring Ball, among others.
Wellness and Safety
At UMass Boston, being well is just as imporant as diong well. We provide many resources to ensure our sudents’ health and saftey
- On-campus medical care and dental clinic
- Counseling center, including mediation and stress management classes
- Free Beacon Fitness Center membership
- Peer support resources
- 24/7 Public Safety
Whether you enjoy sports, clubs, or the arts, you’ll find fellow students and activities that embrace teamwork and build lasting friendships. Don’t see one you like? Start your own club!
- Division III athletic teams, intramural sports
- Sailing and kayaking
- Tabletop Club
- Apollo Steppers
- Young Writers Club
- K-Pop Club
- Engineering Club
- SABOR Latin Dance Club
- History Club
- Best Buddies
- Student newspaper and literary publications