Info for Parents & Counselors
We appreciate and recognize the assistance that our students receive from their parents, guardians, school counselors and others. Navigating the unknowns of the college search process can be challenging and so we're here to assist those who guide our students. Be sure to contact us with any questions you may have.
- Deadlines are important! Help your student adhere to important dates. A reminder that we recommend trying to meet our November 1st Early Action deadline for the fall semester.
- A great way to learn more about UMass Boston is to visit and/or connect with our Admissions staff.
- A reminder that the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on October 1st and we recommend submitting it as soon as possible and not later than April 1st.
- Need information about application deadlines, application requirements, test optional policies and more? Visit our helpful Apply page.
- Encourage your students to earn college credit and challenge themselves while still in high school. Learn more about Dual Enrollment at UMass Boston.
- Do you have a student who has been referred to one of UMass Boston's access or pathway programs like Directions for Student Potential (DSP)? Explore our many referral options.