UMass Boston’s Pathway Program with Continuing and Professional Studies
UMass Boston has created an opportunity for students who do not meet our admissions requirements to enter the university as a non-degree student taking a prescribed set of courses. Upon the successful completion of one semester, students will be able to reactivate their admissions application and be accepted for the spring semester.
Benefits of Completing the Pathway Program:
- Small classes taught by top-notch UMass Boston professors.
- All of the courses in the Pathway program meet our general education requirements and include College English, History, Sociology and Political Science.
- Automatic reactivation of your UMass Boston application (fee will be waived).
- Guaranteed scholarship for students who meet 3.3 cumulative GPA after their first semester.
- Scholarship renewable for up to 8 semester for students who maintain a 3.0 GPA and full-time enrollment.
- Peer and faculty mentorship throughout program.
The program will also include a one-credit University Success course that will help you get connected with UMass Boston and become familiar with the academic and support resources available.
Although financial aid is not available for students in the Pathway Program, the cost for the semester is $3,500 and a payment plan is available. Moreover, those who apply for financial aid can recieve an estimated spring semester award letter, allowing for students and their families to plan for an entire year of educational costs. After successful completion of the program, students will receive assistance in applying for a fully-matriculated, degree-seeking program and eligible students will receive financial aid.
More Information About the Pathways Program
“The Pathway Program has given me the second chance and the academic awakening that I needed to be successful. I was given immense support by all of my professors as well as other staff members that has not only led to my completion of the program but of my great academic success in the program. Thank you Pathways!” –Krista Hickey, Fall 2019 Pathway Student
“Regardless of what you put your mind to, you can do it but with that comes the actions to follow through. This program provided me a pathway to do that.” -Arbriana Bailey, Fall 2019 Pathway Student
For further information, contact:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions