Why Study at UMass Boston?
Our location in Boston and our reputation in higher education attract many international students to our campus. If you want to study in the most famous college town in the country, choose one of the best values in higher education: the University of Massachusetts Boston.
More than 2,000 international students from more than 150 countries around the globe study here on international visas. UMass Boston's 120-acre waterfront campus is just minutes from downtown Boston.
- Ranked #3 best public university in Massachusetts (Niche, 2020).
- Ranked #104 top public schools in the nation (U.S. News & World Report, 2019).
- Ranked #19 for ethnic diversity among national universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2022).
- U.S. News & World Report listed six UMass Boston graduate programs among the top 100 in their respective categories.
- The Princeton Review named UMass Boston's College of Management to the 2019 Best Business Schools list and the Best Business Schools (Northeast) list.
- UMass Boston was one of three institutions in Massachusetts that received INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine's Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award.
- The Business Program at UMass Boston was ranked as Tier 1 (CEO Magazine, 2022).
- UMass Boston was one of only 107 U.S. universities to receive The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as an institution of "higher research activity."
- The University of Massachusetts Boston is one of the silver award recipients on Victory Media Inc.’s Military Friendly School® list.