Apply As a Transfer Student
Apply online by submitting either the UMass Boston web application or the Common Application below:
|Fall Semester (Domestic)||September 1|
|Spring Semester||December 15|
|Traditional Nursing Program||Spring Start - November 1*
Fall Start - March 1*
|Accelerated Nursing||Summer Start - February 1
Fall - May 1*
Spring - October 1*
*Due to the current COVID-19 epidemic, TEAS exam scores will not be required for the Spring 2021 accelerated or traditional nursing programs.
University of Massachusetts Boston
Undergraduate Admissions Processing Center
P.O. Box 51283 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19115
Copies of official transcripts* can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org from your institution.
*A transcript is considered official if sent to UMass Boston directly from the institution, either electronically or by mail.
- Official college transcripts from all institutions attended
- If you have completed less than 24 college-level credits
- Official high school transcript (or GED score report)
- $60 application fee
- Traditional and Accelerated Nursing Applicants must also submit
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) scores (waived for spring 2021 applicants)
- 500-word essay addressing the subject “What is Professional Nursing”
- Recommendation Letter (1 for Traditional applicants; 2 for Accelerated)
- If you are transferring from a community college within the state of Massachusetts (except Quincy College) and will be completing an associate’s degree before enrolling at UMass Boston, you are eligible to apply as a MassTransfer student.
- When applying, utilize our UMass Boston Application linked above and identify yourself as a MassTransfer student. The $60 application fee will be automatically waived for you.
- The MassTransfer program brings several benefits, including waiving the application fee, increased transfer credit opportunities, and a tuition discount.
- Learn more about MassTranfer benefits.
Have questions about the application process or need help submitting your application? Book an appointment with one of our transfer counselors.