Credit is evaluated for transfer based on the following criteria:
- Courses were completed at a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Earned a C- or better (College of Nursing & Health Sciences requires at least a C)
- Course content is comparable to those offered by UMass Boston, as determined by faculty
- Internships, practicums, college success, and vocational courses are generally not accepted for transfer credit
- Courses taken Pass/Fail are not acceptable for transfer
- A maximum of 90 credits can be transferred from four-year schools and 70 credits from community colleges
- Some specific transfer credit policies apply by college
- Credits earned outside the U.S. may require evaluation by an independent credential evaluation service. Click here for more information.
Use our course database, Transferology to learn more about how your credits transfer and apply to your degree at UMass Boston.
If you need any assistance, you may contact us at 617.287.6100 to schedule an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: These results are unofficial. An official transfer credit evaluation will be provided upon admission.