Massachusetts Community College Students
Over 60 percent of UMass Boston’s transfer students come from community college. At UMass Boston, we work very closely with our Massachusetts community college partners to help support you in the transfer process.
Within the state of Massachusetts, the MassTransfer program brings many benefits to community college students looking to complete their degrees at our public universities. These benefits include a portable block of credit, pathway programs, tuition benefits, and more. Each program is designed to help you transfer to a public university and maximize your academic credits.
- Complete your associate’s degree at a Massachusetts Community College (except Quincy College).
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Enroll at UMass Boston within one year of completion of your associate’s degree.
- Earn a tuition credit of up to $1,714 per year for two years.
- Credit is only applicable to daytime classes
- Also referred to as the “MassTransfer” block.
- Complete these courses at your community college and you will fulfill the majority of UMass Boston’s general education curriculum.
- Learn what courses you need to take by visiting the MassTransfer website.
- Complete an approved program at one of the Massachusetts community colleges and match it with an approved program at UMass Boston.
- These programs allow you to dive into your major program earlier and align the courses you are taking at the community college with your major at UMass Boston.
- See all A2B degree programs by visiting the MassTransfer website.
- Complete an associate’s degree in one of the A2B degree programs within 2.5 years, maintain full-time enrollment and a 3.0 GPA, and graduate from UMass Boston within 2 years and you’ll receive increased savings on your bachelor’s degree:
- Freeze on all tuition and mandatory fees
- 10% rebate off of tuition and mandatory fees
- MassTranfer Tuition Credit
- Guaranteed admission (pending space in major or college)
- Guaranteed transfer of credits
- Learn more on the MassTransfer website.
- Students who transfer from a Massachusetts community college without earning an associate’s are eligible to apply UMass Boston credits toward their community college degree.
- Reverse Transfer allows students to earn their associate degree while also earning a bachelor’s degree at UMass Boston at no additional cost.
- Learn more by visiting the MassTransfer website.
- Each year, over 600 students transfer from Bunker Hill Community College to UMass Boston. Because UMass Boston welcomes so many Bunker Hill students into our community, we have a dedicated admission counselor who is here to support you in your transfer admission process.
- Check out our Bunker Hill Community College page to learn more about how we are here to support you in the transfer process.